May 23rd, 2013 by sfs
Since its inception in 2001, NHLI's Latinas Learning to Lead has graduated over 200 young Latinas. The Latinas Learning to Lead program targets 18 to 24 year old Latinas currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and not graduating before December 2013.
- Have minimum 30 semester college credits/hours completed by May 2013.
- Have minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Be 18-24 years of age.
- Demonstrate strong leadership as indicated by on campus and community volunteer and civic engagement.
- Have strong commitment to Latina/o issues.
- Agree to complete a leadership project that will impact 22 Latinos in your community by the end of the 2013 fall semester/quarter.
- Have a United States Government issued photo id for travel.
The program will be taking place in Washington, DC from . With the support of our generous sponsors, NHLI covers room and board, training costs and all classroom materials necessary for the program for all participants. Program participants are responsible for a $250 tuition fee. They are responsible for covering their own medical and travel insurance, and any incidental expenses. NHLI will cover airline costs for those traveling from airports with Southwest Airlines availability.